Volunteers are vital to the success of our community. Ongoing or one time opportunities with the City of Vancouver can accommodate individuals, families, groups, businesses and people of all ages and abilities. Learn more below and decide how you would like to volunteer with us.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
Visit the Volunteer Opportunity Calendar to view a complete list of upcoming volunteer events.
Thursdays throughout the month - #VancouverVolunTEEN
September 12: Blandford Canyon Ivy Pull
September 12: Clark County Connects Day of Service
September 15 - 17, 19 and 20: National Trail Counts
October 3: Super Fun Hero Run
October 24: Make a Difference Day
Ongoing Work Parties:
3rd Saturday of most months: Heritage Adopt-A-Park work party
2nd Saturday of most months: Hearthwood Adopt-A-Park work party
4th Saturday of most months: LeRoy Haagen Adopt-A-Park work party
City of Vancouver Volunteer Websites:
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Parks and Recreation
- Neighborhood Associations
- Urban Forestry
- Water Resources Education Center
- Water Resources Protection
- Boards and Commissions
- Speed Monitor Awareness Team (SMART)
Don't see something for you? Click here to see a list of other local organizations that offer volunteer opportunities.
Apply as a volunteer today!
If you know which volunteer opportunity best fits you and you are ready to make the commitment, please complete the online volunteer application. We receive many volunteer applications each week and make every attempt to contact you within two weeks of your application. If you have questions about the status of your application please phone 360.487.8316.
Need more information?
Not quite sure which opportunity fits you best? Please complete the volunteer inquiry form and we will send you a detailed email with current volunteer opportunities that match your interests and skills. Volunteers may be asked to complete a full volunteer application once they have been accepted into a volunteer program.
Visit the Volunteer Information Center to sign up for volunteer opportunities and log service hours.
Volunteer Project Forms:
Read our newsletter:
Volunteer success stories!
In 2014, volunteers throughout the City spent over 63,500 hours to help foster a healthy and vibrant community. The service of an estimated 4,700 volunteers was equivalent to a donation of $1,466,800.
The community of Vancouver is stronger, smarter, cleaner and safer due to the hard work of engaged and involved volunteers. Click here to read the entire 2014 Volunteer Report.
- Our community is strengthened by individuals who act on their commitment to help others,
- Volunteering improves citizens’ accessibility to government,
- Service is an effective strategy for solving problems,
- Opportunities for all, young to elderly, fosters a sense of community where everyone is valued and welcomed,
- Volunteers strengthen our community, increase government effectiveness and create benefits for citizens, including being more informed, engaged, and feeling valued and appreciated.